Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fragrant Harbour

[The name "Hong Kong" is an approximate phonetic rendering of the pronunciation of the spoken Cantonese or Hakka, meaning "fragrant harbour" - Wikipedia]

Hong Kong skyline at night!

Touched down, after 4 hours flight from Malaysia - I was really excited and couldn't wait to see, to smell and to experience Hong Kong! Hong Kong is one of my dream destinations and I am so blessed to be able to travel to Hong Kong with my dearest family. [Ultimately, my childhood dreams fulfilled and I am really blessed!]

[Childhood dreams?] I grown up by watching many Hong Kong dramas and I always admire the place! I am a Disney Kid, of course going to Disneyland is one of my many dreams. Panda bear is my favourite animal on Earth and I'm always amazed by the unique feature of panda bear that God created! The wax museum [Madame Tussauds] always wanted to go after I watched a documentary on TV introducing about Hong Kong tourism. And last but not least, and very important too, a blessed opportunity to spend quality times with my loved ones! [Prayer answered, childhood fulfilled and blessed family bonding times with lots of fun and laughter! This trip is like sugar, spice and everything nice; the outcome is AWESOME!]

Just like Singapore, Hong Kong is a 1st world nation / country and they are really systematic especially their public transportation! Whether your are a tourist or a traveler, the chances of getting lost is pretty low! My family and I went there as half tourist half traveler [well, we went to most of the tourist attraction places and at the same time, we travel around by public transportation and eat at some of their local backstreet or roadside stalls instead of eating in the restaurant or hotel.] I printed out all sorts of useful information about Hong Kong before I left Malaysia but when I reached there, I did not really use it because the directories, road signage and place of interest signage can be easily find especially at the MTR station. [Thumbs up!] To all the shopaholic, Hong Kong is a great place for shopping, from bags to shoes, watches to clothing but make sure you get a bigger luggage bag!

To ensure that my family and I truly experience Hong Kong, I included Star ferry, cable cars, trams, the peak tram, local bus and of course the convenient MTR train into my itineraries! And also some local foods like Wan Ton noodles, Dim Sum, beef noodles, congee [porridge] and also street foods like curry fish-ball. Obviously, by having all these that mentioned above, it will definitely make you more a traveler than a tourist!

Well, I strongly believe that this trip is just an introduction trip for me about Hong Kong! I will definitely looking forward for another blessed opportunity to visit Hong Kong again! Maybe I will go fully as a traveler or a backpacker!

God bless and Cheerio! :)

[p/s: Here are some photographs that I took!]










































[All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney]

No comments:

Post a Comment