Monday, July 15, 2013

Passion Above All Else

["The purpose of a doctor or any human in general should not be to simply delay the death of the patient, but to increase the person's quality of life." - Patch Adams]

Last night, my friend, who is a medical student, felt really sad when she aware that sometimes the medicine that she studying couldn't help the dying patient. And I completely understand how she feels...

..........

Whether you are a doctor, or a nurse, or any medical worker, your passion in your work must be always above anything else! But sadly, when someone is too immune to their job and make it into a routine task or make their job to earn more money instead of earning a living, slowly their passion will be replace! I am a human and can be very easily caught up with my duty as a Radiographer, nothing but scanning and making sure that every examination done on time and also there is no delay in any appointment! But I really thank God for constantly reminding me about my purpose of life as an ambassador of Joy for every suffered ones especially the cancer patient.

Although, at times, I can't do much for some of my patients but I know one thing for sure is that I can lend my ears to them and give them my best-est SMILE, prayerfully my little effort can bring them joy! I strongly believe that a CHEERFUL heart can does good like a medicine!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
-Proverbs 17:22

..........

You only have one life, do something about it by living it passionately! :)
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment