Friday, October 26, 2012

My Favorite Cake Shop

Just now, I was having dinner and suddenly I thought of this cake shop that situated in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia. When I was a child, I used to drop by there and eat whatever cakes or pastries that I like, for free. *smiling* Actually, this cake shop owned by aunt, my mum's sister.

Well, it is not any ordinary cake shop that you see today. I don't know when was this cake shop opened but back in early to mid 90's, the setting of this cake shop was really different than today's cake shop. I was really young, all I could remember only two things about this cake shop:-
1. The pastry cabinet; which was very, very different! It made of wood -if I remember correctly- I went the back of the cabinet, slid the glass panel and then I just grabbed the cake or pastry that I want! *smiling*
2.  My aunt's chocolate tart! It was my favorite thing in the cake shop. In addition, I can ate it for free, aren't that awesome?

Now the cake shop is not there anymore; so sad but no matter what, it will always be the favorite cake shop of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment