Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Beginning of Something New

Day 5, having lunch alone; again, already 3 times in this week. Well, I am still very much a stranger to this new environment where it will be my second home because I will be spending 9.5 hours out of my precious 24 hours in this place from Monday to Friday.

There is always a price to pay every time when you make a decision to move on from one season to another season or from one chapter to another chapter. Everyone wondered why I left my previous working place; the famous and glamorous to this small and not so famous place. Well, the reason of my leaving is not important anymore as I already left but at least I am really happy now with this current place where I am working. It is completely a new experience and excitement for me!

'PET CT Scan' is one of the new things that I learn here. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to gain this new experience although it is quite a dangerous thing to do especially handling with radioactive source. However, handling and encountering with cancer patients here in this place can be quite demotivating to me because it really break my heart seeing my patients going through the tough battle and their darkest times of their life. This kind of heartache is painful and it can even make me cry!

I am grateful and thankful, and also really blessed that God use all these cancer patients to touch and soften my heart especially at times when my heart is so harden! God also use them to encourage and to inspire me to live my life to the fullest and also to live it purposefully! All these cancer patients; they are fighting really hard to live another day and they didn't give up on hope! How about me, or us, who are healthy and strong, shall we just give up easily just because of a little or a simple thing happen while these people didn't give up and keep fighting. To those who ever have the thought of suicide, please think again! Look at these people, who are dying to live another day while you can have today and yet, you just want to end it because of a failure? Aren't that silly to have such a thought or decision to commit suicide?

Just only 5 days here but what I gained and learned is far more than I can imagine. The experience that I gained and the lesson that I learned is so priceless and precious! It really can help to shape my character especially to be more humble, to treasure whatever I have and not to take things for granted like my loved ones.

Life is a GIFT; it is not about how long it lasted but how we live it!
God bless! :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the spirit Jacky! We know you'll rub it off onto the people you meet at your workplace - be it your colleagues or patients ;)

    ReplyDelete